Tuesday 10 November 2009

Final Newspaper Pages Production

Using all the research I conducted, I put together a final newspaper. This is my first original copy that I was initially not happy with, as some conventions did not fit my research. For example, there are gaps and the columns for each article are not aligned. This is a difficulty I came across whilst using Microsoft Publisher to create the product. In my final product, I managed to overcome this problem by adding more images, specifically with a member of the public in.
This is my final front cover. I have included all generic conventions of a newspaper on to it; such as articles, images, advertisements, masthead, barcode, date and time, price, motto and weather. In comparison to my first original copy, this front page has a much better layout and a more realistic aspect to it.

This is my final second page. Using all the research I conducted, I applied it to my final product. For example, in comparison to the front cover this page has a larger article ratio, including articles of lots of importance. The articles are also varied in terms of news values making the page interesting to read for the audience. All articles on both front cover and second page fall in line with the uses and gratifications theory.
Lizi Riley - Both pages look really realistic, I especially like the advert on the second page. There are no visible gaps which also helps the newspaper look really professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment